New for the 2014-15 hunting season
- Hunters will be required to report the gender of game animals harvested when filling out Hunter Surveys. The following species require identification of gender: Waterfowl, Wild Turkey, White-tailed Deer, and Feral Hogs. Such information will be used to determine hunting pressure and the impact which hunting activity has on local populations of various game species.
- The H6 hunting area will be open all season. Historically H6 has been closed at the begining of November for special hunts. No special hunts will be held in this hunting area for the 2014 - 2015 season.
- Be aware of potential changes for the upcoming 14-15 season. Dowload the 2014-15 Hunting Policy.
- Your Hunter survey is due on or before June 1, 2015. There are no exceptions.
How do I get a permit?
Returning hunters may register online. If you are a new hunter you will need to mail in or bring with you the hunting application, waiver of liablity, proof of hunter safety course (if applicable), valid drivers license and 2014-15 hunting license. Potential hunters for Whitney and Aquilla Lakes can register for a permit at the Whitney Lake Office at 285 County Road 3602 Clifton, Texas 76634. Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
For more information on hunting seasons and bag limits review the 2014-15 Texas Parks & Wildlife outdoor annual.
- Download the Whitney and Aquilla Lakes 2014-15 hunting permit application.
- Download the disclaimer/waiver of liablity 2014-2015.
- ***Hunter survey is due on or before June 1, 2015. There are no exceptions.***
- Download the hunting packet or you can pick one up from the Whitney Lake office. This includes the hunting policy, survey, and color maps.
Hunters need to have:
- Current hunting license
- Proof of their hunters safety course
- Valid drivers license
- Waiver of Liability
If you mail in your information you MUST have:
- Photo copy of current hunting license
- Photo copy of hunter safety card (if applicable)
- Photo copy of valid driver’s license
- Waiver of Liability (original signature)
- Self addressed stamped envelope.
New hunters will need to sign a waiver of liability prior to obtaining a hunting permit. All permitted hunters will receive a permit card and a vehicle tag. Hunters must have this card on their person and vehicle tag visible in their windshield when hunting at Whitney or Aquilla Lakes. By accepting this card hunters acknowledge receipt and understanding of hunting regulations and applicable state laws. Hunting without a valid hunting permit may constitute trespassing.
Aquilla Lake is also included in Whitney’s hunting program. Aquilla’s 4,000 acre hunt program was managed in the past by Texas Parks & Wildlife but is now under supervision of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Aquilla’s hunting program will mirror Whitney’s hunting policies.
Hunter Activity Reports
Reports must be entered by June 1, 2015 even if you did not hunt for the season. Failure to report activity within these guidelines may result in the hunter being blocked the following hunting season. Please remember to record the gender of game taken for the following species: waterfowl (ducks and geese), white-tailed deer, wild turkey and feral hogs. Failure to record such information on a hunter's survey report may result in the hunter being blocked the following season.
Please remember during hunting or any other recreational activity here at Whitney Lake, safety should always be paramount. Have a great time and again please be safe.
This information is being collected pursuant to the authority of 16 U.S.C. § 460d; 31 U.S.C. § 483a; 42 U.S.C. §§ 4321, 4331-4335, 4341-4347; 33 U.S.C. § 1251 et seq.; and E.O. 11752. Personal information is being collected to allow for the tracking of public activities on U.S. Army Corps of Engineer-owned land and to assist in the management of Lake Whitney. We may share this information with Federal, state, or local law enforcement agencies. Providing the information is voluntary; failure to provide this information, however, will result in a permit denial.