Your Hunter survey is due on or before June 1, 2016. There are no exceptions. Incomplete or illegible surveys will not be accepted.
- The H6 hunting area will be open all season.Historically H6 has been closed at the beginning of November for special hunts. No special hunts will be held in this hunting area for the 2015 - 2016 season.
- Be aware of potential changes in the hunting policies.Download the 2015-16 Hunting Policy.
"Like" the USACE Ft. Worth District facebook pagefor up to date news for Whitney/Aquilla lakes as well as other Ft. Worth District Lakes!
How do I get a permit?
Returning hunters may register online. If you are a new hunter you will need to mail in or bring with you the hunting application, waiver of liablity, proof of hunter safety course (if applicable), valid driver’s license and 2015-16 hunting license. Potential hunters for Whitney and Aquilla Lakes can register for a permit at the Whitney Lake Office at 285 County Road 3602 Clifton, Texas 76634. Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
For more information on hunting seasons and bag limits review the 2015-16 Texas Parks & Wildlife outdoor annual.
- Download the Whitney and Aquilla Lakes hunting permit application.
- Download the disclaimer/waiver of liablity.
- ***Hunter survey is due on or before June 1, 2016. There are no exceptions.***
- Download the Fort Worth District Hunting Guide.
Hunters must provide:
- Current hunting license
- Proof of hunter’s education (if applicable
- Valid driver’s license
- Completed Application
- Signed Waiver of Liability
If obtaining a permit via mail you MUST provide:
- Photo copy of current hunting license
- Photo copy of hunter safety card (if applicable)
- Photo copy of valid driver’s license
- Completed Application
- Waiver of Liability (with original signature)
- Self addressed stamped envelope.
(incomplete submissions will be discarded)
New hunters will need to sign a waiver of liability prior to obtaining a hunting permit. All permitted hunters will receive a permit card and a vehicle tag. Hunters must have this card on their person and vehicle tag visible in their windshield when hunting at Whitney and/or Aquilla Lakes. By accepting this card hunters acknowledge receipt and understanding of hunting regulations and applicable state laws. Hunting without a valid hunting permit may constitute trespassing.
Hunter Activity Reports
Reports must be entered by June 1, 2016 even if you did not hunt for the season. Failure to report activity within these guidelines will result in the hunter being blocked the following hunting season. Surveys must be complete, legible, and accurate. Incomplete or illegible surveys will be discarded.
Please remember during hunting or any other recreational activity, safety should always be paramount. Have a great time and again please be safe.
This information is being collected pursuant to the authority of 16 U.S.C. § 460d; 31 U.S.C. § 483a; 42 U.S.C. §§ 4321, 4331-4335, 4341-4347; 33 U.S.C. § 1251 et seq.; and E.O. 11752. Personal information is being collected to allow for the tracking of public activities on U.S. Army Corps of Engineer-owned land and to assist in the management of Whitney and Aquilla Lakes. We may share this information with Federal, state, or local law enforcement agencies. Providing the information is voluntary; failure to provide this information, however, will result in a permit denial.